I only knew one person near where I was moving in Florida, my GBFF from high school named Ben. he was my other half in high school and he was now my crutch to gaining a social life in a new city. My first weekend down here, he took me out in downtown Miami with some of his friends. Normally in Athens, you don't really dress up to go out. You kind of wear a cute shirt, shorts, and some flats. Whatever would be fun and comfortable to run around Court Street in and something you didn't really care got stained. If you were feeling fancy you MIGHT wear a sundress or a skirt and if you REALLY wanted to catch someone's attentions, you would wear wedges. If you were running around in a bandage dress and heels, it was obvious you were a freshman.
So for my first night out in Miami I decided to dress up a little trendier than usual, I mean come on its Miami, gotta look good. I put on a blue crop top and a tight skirt that just covered my little lower tummy flab and showed off the top flatter part of my stomach, basically my personal optical illusion to look like I have a flat tummy. I also wore my brand new Steve Madden gladiator shoes. I was excited because I felt like I looked kinda beachy, which is obviously how everyone dresses in Florida right? Well no. I met up with Ben and his friends and noticed I was the only girl not on pumps... This may not seem like a big deal but I sure stick out when every girl looks tan, blonde hair, tall, long legged, and in skin tight dresses, and I was short pale and looking pretty stumpy next to them. Ben told me it was okay because I was dressed "casual Friday". Sure... lets go with that.
The next day I bought 3 pairs of heels and five tight dresses.
No comments:
Post a Comment