Sunday, June 15, 2014

Shorts... no not that short.

One of the things that was hugely advertised when I interviewed for my job was the casualness of the office. Word for word what I kept hearing was "its all shorts and flip flops". Hell yeah! Thank the lord because I hate jeans and I am not trying to wear a business outfit five days a week!

This past Friday was the first day I could wear whatever I want, since during training you are required to wear business casual. I put on my first and only shirt with the office logo on it, floral pattern shorts, and flip flops.

For the past four years keep in mind I had been wearing frat tanks and Nike shorts. #sratlife

My boss came up to my and told me "do you know our dress code" and I said "yeah no tank tops or spaghetti straps"

She replies with "yeah but you also cannot wear shorty shorts like that"

I look down, I didn't think they were short. But then again I looked around the room and noticed not one other girl was wearing shorts"

I reply with "oh... I am sorry. Everyone kept saying we could wear shorts.."

She said "Well yes you can, if they are longer like to your knees. Not short like that". As she went on I started to drown in the rookie mistake I made. I ran home at lunchtime and changed into jeans. I came back to my desk with an email going over in detail the "appropriate work attire reminder" from my boss. Everyone seemed to notice I changed...

Work strike #2

No comments:

Post a Comment